The perfect course to start with for the beginner makeup skill level or ideal for makeup artists who would like to refresh their skills. Designed for you to get an introductory taste of the role of being a makeup artist and learn some basic skills and see if this is the right vocation for you.
Learn fundamental makeup skills and application, including flawless skin, skin-tone matching, highlighting and contouring, blush application, basic eye makeup techniques with eye liner and false lash application, perfecting lips and the use of tools and brushes.
This course will also cover makeup industry, self- employment and getting started in the industry. Products on the market with recommended products for kit building, colour theory and safe beauty hygiene.
The ideal course to attend after this course has been completed is our 3 Day: Mastering Eyes to further your skills and technique in advanced eye application.
3 day course, 11:00am – 5:00pm each day
- What is in a Professional Makeup Kit
- Types of Brushes and Shapes
- Face Shapes and Bone Structure
- Skincare Recommendation
- Radiant Glowing Skin
- Types of Blusher & Textures
- Bronzing Techniques
- Eye Priming
- False Lash Application
- Perfect Lipstick Application
- Waterproof Makeup & using Sealers
- Setting up a Makeup Area & Lighting
- Colour Theory
- Skin Preparation
- Facial Sculpting
- Corrective Camouflage and Concealing
- Cheek Sculpting & Blush Placement
- Basic Eye Makeup Techniques
- Eye Shadows
- Neutral Eye Makeup Design
- Lip Primers
- Photographic Tips & Tricks
- Time Management of a Makeup Application
- Types of Foundation, Concealer and Powder
- Skin Behaviour
- Flawless Skin
- Understanding Global Skin tones
- Effective Highlight and Contour
- Eyeliner Effects
- Mascara Application
- Brow Shaping
- Building a Kit
- Safe Beauty & Hygiene
Available course dates
- Wednesday 10th January 2018 - Friday 12th January 2018
- Monday 5th March - Wednesday 7th March 2018
- Thursday 19th April - Saturday 21st April 2018
- Tuesday 29th May - Thursday 31st May 2018
- Wednesday 27th June - Friday 29th June 2018
- Sunday 2nd September - Tuesday 4th September 2018
- Wednesday 24th October - Friday 26th October 2018
- Monday 3rd December - Wednesday 5th December 2018
3 Day Course Offer
A 20% discount applies if you book the 3 Day Introduction to Professional Makeup Artistry and the 3 Day Mastering Eyes courses together.
Course payment plan by installments are available.
A House of GlamDolls certificate of attendance is awarded upon completion of the course.